Medical Definition of micromonospora
1 capitalized : a genus of actinomycetes that have well developed, branching, septate mycelia bearing single spores that are sessile or on short or long sporophores and that include several antibiotic-producing forms (as M. purpurea, the source of gentamicin)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game