Medical Definition of micrographia
: abnormally small handwriting or handwriting that becomes progressively smaller that is characteristic especially of Parkinson's disease An almost diagnostic sign of parkinsonism is micrographia—minute, and often diminishingly small, handwriting.— Oliver Sacks, The New Yorker, 23 Aug. 2004
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game