variants: also 3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone
Medical Definition of methylenedioxypyrovalerone
: mdpv Of the 12 bath salts tested for the Star Tribune, nine contained methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV), a potent stimulant that is not approved for medical use in the United States and was first seized by legal authorities in Germany in 2007, according to the DEA. — Larry Oakes, The Star Tribune (Minneapolis, Minnesota), 4 Sept. 2011
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game