Medical Definition of mesenteric ganglion
: either of two ganglionic masses of the sympathetic nervous system associated with the corresponding mesenteric plexus:
a : a variable amount of massed ganglionic tissue of the inferior mesenteric plexus near the origin of the inferior mesenteric artery
— called also inferior mesenteric ganglion
b : a usually discrete ganglionic mass of the superior mesenteric plexus near the origin of the superior mesenteric artery
— called also superior mesenteric ganglion
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game