Medical Definition of mercapturic acid
: an acid C5H8O3S−R formed from cysteine and an aromatic compound in the body and usually excreted in the urine (as in the form of a glucuronide)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game