Medical Definition of mental nerve
: a branch of the inferior alveolar nerve that emerges from the bone of the mandible near the mental protuberance and divides into branches which are distributed to the skin of the chin and to the skin and mucous membranes of the lower lip
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?