Medical Definition of matico
1 : a shrubby tropical wild American pepper (Piper angustifolium) with slender elongated aromatic leaves that are rich in volatile oil, gums, and tannins
2 : the leaves of the matico used especially formerly in medicine chiefly as a stimulant and hemostatic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?