Medical Definition of masculine protest
: a tendency attributed especially to the human female in the psychology of Alfred Adler to escape from the female role by assuming a masculine role and by dominating others broadly : any tendency to compensate for feelings of inferiority or inadequacy by exaggerated overt aggressive behavior
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game