Medical Definition of malalignment
: incorrect or imperfect alignment (as of teeth or bones at a joint) With a large enough area of cartilage loss or with bony remodeling, the joint becomes tilted, and malalignment develops. Malalignment is the most potent risk factor for structural deterioration of the joint …— David T. Felton, The New England Journal of Medicine, 23 Feb. 2006
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game