Medical Definition of mal de caderas
: an infectious disease of horses in South America caused by a protozoan parasite of the genus Trypanosoma (T. equinum) in the blood and characterized by rapid emaciation, anemia, blood-colored urine, paresis, and edema
— called also derrengadera
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game