Medical Definition of maduromycosis
: a destructive chronic disease usually restricted to the feet, marked by swelling and deformity resulting from the formation of granulomatous nodules drained by sinuses connecting with the exterior, and caused by various actinomycetes (as of the genus Nocardia) and fungi (as of the genus Madurella)
— called also mycetoma— see madura foot — compare nocardiosis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?