Medical Definition of lymphatic duct
: any of the lymphatic vessels that are part of the system collecting lymph from the lymphatic capillaries and draining it into the subclavian veins by way of the right lymphatic duct and the thoracic duct
— called also lymph duct
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?