Medical Definition of lumbar artery
: any artery of the usually four or occasionally five pairs that arise at the level of the lumbar vertebrae from the back of the aorta or in the case of the fifth pair from an artery arising from the aorta and that supply the muscles of the loins, the skin of the sides of the abdomen, and the spinal cord
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game