Medical Definition of lumbar artery
: any artery of the usually four or occasionally five pairs that arise at the level of the lumbar vertebrae from the back of the aorta or in the case of the fifth pair from an artery arising from the aorta and that supply the muscles of the loins, the skin of the sides of the abdomen, and the spinal cord
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?