variants: also lorcaserin hydrochloride
Medical Definition of lorcaserin
: a serotonin agonist C11H15Cl2NO·5H2O taken orally to promote satiety and reduce food consumption in the treatment of overweight and obese individuals but now removed from sale by the manufacturer because of its link to increased cancer risk — see belviq
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game