long ciliary nervenoun
Medical Definition of long ciliary nerve
: any of two or three nerves that are given off by the nasociliary nerve as it crosses the optic nerve, pass through the posterior part of the sclera, and run forward between the sclera and the choroid to be distributed to the iris and cornea — compare short ciliary nerve
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game