Medical Definition of lipoatrophy
: loss of subcutaneous fat (such as that occurring from subcutaneous injections especially of insulin or corticosteroids or from long-term use of protease inhibitors in the treatment of HIV)
Note: Lipoatrophy may be localized to a single part of the body (as the face, arms, or legs) or may be more generalized affecting most of the body.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game