Medical Definition of lingula
: a tongue-shaped process or part: as
a : a ridge of bone in the angle between the body and the greater wing of the sphenoid
b : an elongated prominence of the superior vermis of the cerebellum
c : a dependent projection of the upper lobe of the left lung
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game