Medical Definition of light-headedness
: the condition of being dizzy or on the verge of fainting dizziness or light-headedness, particularly when one arises to a standing position, is a predictable consequence of any medication tending to lower blood pressure — Harvard Medical School Health Letter
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game