Medical Definition of lick granuloma
— called also acral lick dermatitis, acral lick granuloma
Note: The excessive licking that results in lick granuloma is often thought to be a compulsive behavior brought about by boredom or confinement. The licking may also be caused by an allergy, an underlying injury, or a skin infection.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game