levator labii superiorisnoun
Medical Definition of levator labii superioris
: a facial muscle arising from the lower margin of the orbit and inserting into the muscular substance of the upper lip which it elevates
— called also quadratus labii superioris
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?