Medical Definition of leuprolide
: a synthetic analog of gonadotropin-releasing hormone administered by injection in the form of its acetate C59H84N16O12·C2H4O2 to treat cancer of the prostate gland, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and precocious puberty Androgen-deprivation therapy by either bilateral orchiectomy or administration of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist such as leuprolide is the mainstay of treatment for advanced or metastatic prostate cancer.— Donald S. Kaufman et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 8 July 2004 During leuprolide therapy, the endometrioma recurred …— G. David Adamson, The Journal of the American Medical Association, 22 Dec. 1999
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game