lesser petrosal nervenoun
Medical Definition of lesser petrosal nerve
: the continuation of the tympanic nerve beyond the inferior ganglion of the glossopharyngeal nerve that passes into the cranial cavity through the petrosal bone and out again to terminate in the otic ganglion which it supplies with preganglionic parasympathetic fibers
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game