Medical Definition of laryngeal saccule
: a membranous sac in the larynx located between the false vocal cords and the inner surface of the thyroid cartilage and containing mucus-secreting glands whose secretion lubricates the vocal cords
— called also laryngeal pouch, laryngeal sac
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?