lactated Ringer's solutionnoun
variants: also lactated Ringer's
Medical Definition of lactated Ringer's solution
: a sterile aqueous solution that is similar to Ringer's solution but contains sodium lactate in addition to calcium chloride, sodium chloride, and potassium chloride During the course of the operation, the child received 500 ml of lactated Ringer's solution, and 100 ml of blood was transfused.— Robert L. Sheridan et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 14 Feb. 2008
— called also Hartmann's solution, Ringer's lactate, Ringer's lactate solution
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game