Medical Definition of katharometer
: an apparatus for determining the composition of a gas mixture by measuring thermal conductivity that has been used to determine the basal metabolic rate by measuring the rate of production of carbon dioxide based on the composition of expired air
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?