Medical Definition of jugular trunk
: either of two major lymph vessels that drain the head and neck:
a : one on the right that empties into the right lymphatic duct or into the right subclavian vein where it joins the right internal jugular vein
b : one on the left that empties into the thoracic trunk
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?