Medical Definition of jaagsiekte
: a chronic contagious pneumonitis of sheep and sometimes goats that is caused by a retrovirus (species Ovine pulmonary adenocarcinoma virus of the genus Betaretrovirus) and that is characterized by proliferation of the pulmonary alveolar epithelium and occlusion of the alveoli and terminal bronchioles
— called also ovine pulmonary adenocarcinoma, ovine pulmonary adenomatosis, pulmonary adenomatosis
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game