Medical Definition of jaagsiekte
: a chronic contagious pneumonitis of sheep and sometimes goats that is caused by a retrovirus (species Ovine pulmonary adenocarcinoma virus of the genus Betaretrovirus) and that is characterized by proliferation of the pulmonary alveolar epithelium and occlusion of the alveoli and terminal bronchioles
— called also ovine pulmonary adenocarcinoma, ovine pulmonary adenomatosis, pulmonary adenomatosis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game