Medical Definition of isostere
: one of two or more substances (as carbon monoxide and molecular nitrogen) that exhibit similarity of some properties as a result of having the same number of total or valence electrons in the same arrangement and that consist of different atoms and not necessarily the same number of atoms
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game