Medical Definition of isocitrate dehydrogenase
: either of two enzymes which catalyze the oxidation of isocitric acid to alpha-ketoglutaric acid (as in the Krebs cycle) and of which one uses NAD as an electron acceptor and the other NADP
— called also isocitric dehydrogenase
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?