Medical Definition of iron-59
: a heavy radioisotope of iron that has a mass number of 59 and a half-life of 45.1 days, emits beta particles and gamma rays, and is used as a tracer in the study of iron metabolism
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?