Medical Definition of ipratropium bromide
: an anticholinergic drug C20H30BrNO3·H2O that is used as an inhalational aerosol for bronchodilation especially in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and as a nasal spray in the treatment of runny nose associated with rhinitis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?