Medical Definition of iodometry
1 : the volumetric determination of iodine usually by titration with a standard solution of sodium thiosulfate using starch as indicator
2 : a method of quantitative analysis involving the use of a standard solution of iodine or the liberation of iodine from an iodide
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game