Medical Definition of iodized oil
: a viscous oily liquid that has an odor like garlic, is made by treating a fatty vegetable oil with iodine or hydriodic acid, and is used as a contrast medium in X-ray photography
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?