Medical Definition of interosseous membrane
: either of two thin strong sheets of fibrous tissue:
a : one extending between and connecting the shafts of the radius and ulna
b : one extending between and connecting the shafts of the tibia and fibula
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game