Medical Definition of initiator
: one that initiates: as
a : a substance that initiates a chemical reaction
b : a substance that produces an irreversible change in bodily tissue causing it to respond to other substances which promote the growth of tumors
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?