Medical Definition of inferior ganglion
1 : the lower and larger of the two sensory ganglia of the glossopharyngeal nerve
— called also petrosal ganglion, petrous ganglion— compare superior ganglion sense 1
2 : the lower of the two ganglia of the vagus nerve that forms a swelling just beyond the exit of the nerve from the jugular foramen
— called also inferior vagal ganglion, nodose ganglion— compare superior ganglion sense 2
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game