Medical Definition of infectious coryza
: an acute infectious respiratory disease of chickens that is caused by a bacterium of the genus Haemophilus (H. paragallinarum synonym H. gallinarum) and is characterized by catarrhal inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nasal passages and sinuses frequently with conjunctivitis and subcutaneous edema of the face and wattles and sometimes with pneumonia
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game