Medical Definition of infectious coryza
: an acute infectious respiratory disease of chickens that is caused by a bacterium of the genus Haemophilus (H. paragallinarum synonym H. gallinarum) and is characterized by catarrhal inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nasal passages and sinuses frequently with conjunctivitis and subcutaneous edema of the face and wattles and sometimes with pneumonia
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game