Medical Definition of induction therapy
: the initial therapy used when treating a disease specifically : induction chemotherapy To improve this grim prognosis, we attempted to establish a more effective induction therapy, resulting in an increased rate of complete remission … — H. C. Kluin-Nelemans et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 9 Aug. 2012
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game