Medical Definition of indifference point
1 : the point in a series of judged magnitudes where there is no constant error of either overestimation or underestimation
2 : a midway point between two opposite sensations (as heat and cold or pleasure and pain) at which neither is felt
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?