Medical Definition of imiglucerase
: modified human glucocerebrosidase produced by recombinant DNA technology and administered by injection for enzyme replacement therapy in the treatment of Gaucher's disease Imiglucerase has now been given to more than 5000 patients worldwide and clearly reverses many of the manifestations of Gaucher disease, particularly those affecting the bone marrow and viscera.— Timothy M. Cox, Biologics: Targets & Therapies, 2010
Note: Imiglucerase is marketed under the trademark Cerezyme.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game