Medical Definition of ilioinguinal nerve
: a branch of the first lumbar nerve that is distributed to the muscles of the anterolateral wall of the abdomen, to the skin of the proximal and medial part of the thigh, and to the base of the penis and the scrotum in the male or the mons veneris and labia majora in the female
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game