Medical Definition of iliofemoral ligament
: a ligament that extends from the anterior inferior iliac spine to the intertrochanteric line of the femur and divides below into two branches of which one is fixed to the distal part and the other to the proximal part of the intertrochanteric line
— called also Y ligament
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game