Medical Definition of iliococcygeus
: a muscle of the pelvis that is a subdivision of the levator ani, has its origin at the pubic symphysis and the tendon which arches over the obturator internus, inserts on the coccyx and perineal body, and helps support the pelvic viscera — compare pubococcygeus
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game