Medical Definition of ichthyophthirius
1 capitalized : a genus of oval ciliates (order Holotricha) that are included in a single species (I. multifiliis) and are parasitic in the skin of various freshwater fishes where they encyst and multiply causing a severe and sometimes fatal inflammation
2 : ich
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game