Medical Definition of ibogaine
: a crystalline alkaloid hallucinogen C20H26N2O obtained from the roots, bark, and leaves of a plant (Tabernanthe iboga) of the dogbane family (Apocynaceae) that is found in equatorial Africa
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?