hypoactive sexual desire disordernoun
Medical Definition of hypoactive sexual desire disorder
: persistent or recurring deficiency or absence of sexual desire and sexual thoughts or fantasies that causes marked distress or difficulties in interpersonal relationships and is not attributable to an existing medical or psychological condition, stress, or medication side effects —abbreviation HSDD
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game