human monocytic ehrlichiosisnoun
Medical Definition of human monocytic ehrlichiosis
: a form of ehrlichiosis that affects humans, is marked by weakness, fatigue, fever, headache, chills, muscle ache, and by an abnormally low level of white blood cells and blood platelets, and is caused by a bacterium (Ehrlichia chaffeensis) which is transmitted by the lone star tick and infects white blood cells and especially monocytes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?