Medical Definition of hippuran
: a white crystalline iodine-containing powder C9H7INNaO3·2H2O used as a radiopaque agent in urography of the kidney
— called also iodohippurate sodium, sodium iodohippurate
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game