high-performance liquid chromatographynoun
Medical Definition of high-performance liquid chromatography
: liquid chromatography in which the degree of separation is increased by forcing a solvent under pressure through a densely packed adsorbent —abbreviation HPLC
— called also high-pressure liquid chromatography
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game