Medical Definition of hexitol
: any of the alcohols C6H14O6 that have six hydroxyl groups in each molecule, are obtainable from the corresponding hexoses, and include some (as mannitol and sorbitol) occurring naturally
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game